Monday, July 04, 2005

A place I like to go

There is a place in the north of Singapore I like to go... A bicycle ride away from Yishun and you would have reached Lower Seletar reservoir. There is a bridge that connects Yishun to Seletar Island country club and Seletar Airport. On one side of the bridge is reservoir and on the other side, the sea.

I used to cycle there, to the bridge to sit and relax. Sometimes my bicycle would take me across the bridge and all the way to Jalan Kayu. I was only in secondary school then. I would go there to feel the sea breeze and let my worries melt away.

Now I've moved to Ang Mo Kio and sometimes when I'm driving my Dad's car, I would drop in...

Many people would go there and fish...


The Tidal gates; used to release reservoir water into the sea to prevent it from overflowing. The horn would be use to warn of the release.


A teenage boy drowned here a week ago. I guess he must have tried to swim from one bank where the fisherman is standing to the far bank where he got pulled under midway.


Father and daughter


simi? (wassssssssup?)

5 Comments:

At 5:08 AM, Blogger Sheepish said...

This is where I often go for walks with my folks after a dinner out.

It's also a hidden fav spot for one-night campers and bbq outings.

 
At 5:57 AM, Blogger Dick Chan said...

elfonse!!!! BAaaaassssket.. yes its me siyang.. haha.. yes it's a very nice place.. remember the time in NCC when they brought us here during a run?

soundbar: heehee.. he just turned his head when i pressed the shutter, u can see my shadow in the photo.. but i just walked away and he continued reading the papers.. and i lived to tell the tale

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger Draven said...

I remember when we were 1st brought here during one of our weekly morning runs in NCC.
Been back a few times...hasn't changed much.
Pity abt the drowning though...

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger brama said...

It's either your photography skills, or I haven't discovered such a gem in Spore. Would check it out when I'm back.

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger Dick Chan said...

Jijay: I remember that day, it was the longest run I've ever been on.. at that point of time, and the seniors codenamed the place "paradise" to keep us in suspense

Anna: I'd like to believe that it's abit of both.. heheh
but u have to go there in the evening when the sun is nicest

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Free Website Counter