Monday, October 17, 2005

LOVE is


A vendor in Chinatown sitting next to a Chinese calligraphy work with the character "Ai" or Love

SDU just sent me a letter telling me that I've been made a member by default and that I can join in the activities blah blah... haven't really gone through the whole brochure yet... which incidentally has a chio bu on the front and it reads "A Gift To Jumpstart Your Social Life".

Of course, SDU stands for Social Development Unit, an institution to help graduates get hitched with other graduate people.

In Singapore, everything is so institutionalized since the day we're born... in this case, even dating is.. The letter by the way came in a white envelope with the words "On Government Service" printed in bold blue words next to the National Coat of Arms. I thought I was in some kind of trouble when I first looked at it.. heheh..

Just like me, thousands of fresh graduates must have gotten this letter and I won't be surprised if I were to meet many familiar faces at their activities.

This scenario is not too unforeseeable;

"So, why didn't you come up to me when I was in your class? :)"

"Oh I had to study for quiz leh... no time for girls... let alone you... no life!"

"What makes you think you have time for girls now?"

"Just like in school, I also wanna top this class leh..."

"..."

Perhaps I'll check it out, who said a little "JUMP STARTING" would hurt? ;)

5 Comments:

At 10:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SDU sounds like the acronym for an elite SWAT team. :)

Anyway, SDU does seem rather elistist -- only lonesome university graduates need apply. How about those peeps who are from poly, Nafa, Lasalle or School of Audio Engineering etc? Don't they need the gift of love too? Then why aren't they invited to join SDU? Is it because the System doesn't want university graduates to "marry down?" Hmmmmm...

lip

 
At 6:17 AM, Blogger Berserk said...

Happy Belated Bday Siyang!
Sorry I didnt know....
Hope u a good time in BKK.
Behave ah!!

Btw I think u may have a photo of the CB tat I was cursing in my blog. Haha I am eager to meet him.

 
At 5:51 AM, Blogger MING - a gentle wind said...

thanx for visiting disgurstingpeople and i love ur blog! jesus christ! great photos!

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger Dick Chan said...

miss G: hehe thanks.. btw im back... why everyone tell me to behave, I very naugthy meh? i have a picture of a CB? :p

semi-charmed: thanks for dropping by too :)

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

well i bet they never thought their crappy little magazine would come into the hands of an ang moh did they?

well it did and i sure read it well.

my conclusion? what a laugh! their articles should be on the same page as the comics in the straits times :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Free Website Counter