Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Where's my ice cream!

After a sumptuous dinner of Indonesian food at Centre Point's Sanur today, i was making my way back home around nine or ten plus. I needed an ice-cream to satisfy my sweet tooth, failing which I could have lapsed into a coma.

My cure is a cut block of MINT chocolate chip ice-cream sandwiched between two thin slices of wafer. Usually sold by an uncle on a motorbike under a huge umbrella with the words "Magnolia" or "Walls" on it.

No ice-cream vendor outside centrepoint, I walked around. None outside Heeren shopping centre.. maybe it's getting late. Then i spot an umbrella at the carpark opposite Orchard Emerald... Nooooo i couldn't believe my eyes, it was a makeshift tattoo parlour. Fancy getting a tattoo under a single dim fluorescent light bulb.

Feeling a little disheartened, I took the train back to AMK station, theres always an ice-cream man there. Last week, he was there near midnight, and i was rewarded with a HUGE brick sized ice-cream. As you would have guessed.. No luck here tonight, i walked around the station hoping to catch a glimpse of the ice-cream man.

Two mama shops are located between the MRT and my home and they provided the only hope i had left. I decided to patronise the first mama shop and finally.. finally.. i got myself a stick ice-cream, Bullito Scotch flavour.. not quite what i wanted, but it worked for me.

Further down the road, as I was licking my ice-cream, the second mama shop came into view, It was closed!... HENG AH (you are one lucky bastard) i told myself... and i walked on, satisfied and happy..

2 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

shd take a pic of the makeshift tattoo place. Wonder if it is permanent tattoo or the sticker/henna kind.

-cheelip..

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Dick Chan said...

i hope it wasnt the permanent kind.. but i was too concerned about my ice-cream to stick around..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Free Website Counter